Spells are the raw spells and monster abilities. Feats are covered under Feats.
Some notes on spells.2da bugs to check:
- What spells can be cast on items (for crafting purposes)
- Some things miss Innate column which is needed for in-engine purposes
- Some things need the VS checking for them
The spell scripts will all be redone from scratch and thus renamed, which will standardise the naming across spells and abilities and allow several to be compiled into one script in many cases.
Spell scripts names:
- op_s_XXX.nss - Spell
- op_f_XXX.nss - Feat (spell script)
- op_a_XXX.nss - Monster ability (spell script)
- op_inc_XXX.nss - Include file(s)
Some opportunities for improvements on existing spells:
- Additional subdial spells - up to 8 - allows for Polymorph and other spells to have some additional options;
- Add for Contagion - allow which disease to be chosen (and make the initial save DC in the script not from the EffectDisease itself)
- Standardised spell scripts can allow custom Shades and Shadow Conjuration options; a proper replication of D&D (we can also replace the icons so it's clear what they are with SetTextureOverride)
- Fixes for some spells, using EffectRunScript - cleanup of otherwise separate but "linked" effects (such as Temporary HP in Aid or similar)
- Add vs. Law and vs. Chaos options to Protection From Evil etc. spells
- Fix spells that don't use touch attacks to use them, such as Ray of Frost, which also deals more damage (or increase damage of others to match)
Might implement some VFX changes:
- Split the VFX into duration effects (with long term sounds perhaps) and impact ones (for the effect appearing) such as Protection from Elements which just fires all. the. damn. time.
Some potential things here:
- Issass (Greater) Missile Storm - limit the amount of missiles per-object to something sensible, like 5
- Etherealness - Maybe rebalance a little, the effect is quite broken...
There are many D&D and new made up spells that could be added. Some would be beneficial to add to add some variety for spellcasters who are limited in elemental damage types or otherwise. Some may be beneficial for Neverwinter Nights as a typical videogame.
This is just a quick review of what may be altered for NWN as above, or what is added - or not added - in the Overhaul potentially.
- Baleful Polymorph - Use EffectPolymorph on enemies!
- Break Enchantment - Acts as a very specific type of Dispel Magic. Removes Enchantments, transmutations and curses. Spells must be 5th level or lower.
- Call Lightning Storm - Upgraded Call Lightning
- Chill Metal - EffectRunScript damage over time spell, either no save if non-magical armor or a save if magical. If no armor then no damage.
- Command - 1 round of effects (eg Knockdown) better for group situations
- Corrupt Weapon -
- Disrupt Undead - Fine cantrip to add
- Heat Metal - Like Chill Metal.