Settings available from the file browser when exporting MDL files.
Export Animations ¶
Whether to add animations to the mdl. When disabled animations are never exported regardless if they are present or not.
Export Walkmesh ¶
Create a pwk file (placeable walkmesh), dwk file (door walkmesh) or wok file (tile walkmesh) with the same name as the mdl file. The type of the created walkmesh depends on the models classification:
Classification: Door result in dwk file
Classification: Tile results in wok files
- Everything else results in pwk files
Walkmeshes will only be exported if they are correctly set up and contain data, i.e. no empty files will be created.
Export Smooth Groups ¶
Controls the creation of smooth groups. The way smooth group are generated can be specified separately for every mesh. When disabled no smooth groups will be created regardless of the setting in the meshes.
Export Normals and Tangents ¶
Add normal and tangent data to each mesh when possible. Normals and tangents can only be generated if the mesh has an active UV map and either:
- Is fully smooth
- Has properly set up Custom Split Normals
Auto Join UVs ¶
When enabled UV vertices with the same coordinates and belonging to the same vertex are merged into a single UV. When disabled three separate UV vertices will be created for each face, resulting in an enormous number of tverts in the mdl file. This may be necessary if multiple UV maps are used.
Controls which meshes have their uv coordinates export to the mdl.
- All: All meshes get UVs, regardless of their type.
- Rendered: Meshes must have rendering enabled
- Textured: Meshes must have a texture assigned to them
This setting is mostly there to save on file size and for using a custom shader, which may need UV coordinates even when there is no texture assigned
MDL files can hold up to 3 different uv maps, Blender supports an arbitrary number. This setting determines which uv map will be written to the MDL and in which order. If a mesh has only a single uv map this option has no effect at all.
Apply Modifiers ¶
Automatically apply modifiers to meshes before exporting. For further information on available modifiers and their usage see docs.blender.org
Strip Trailing Numbers ¶
Removes trailing numbers (e.g. ".001") caused by importing duplicate object names. MDL files allows duplicate object names, Blender however requires unique object names and will add trailing numbers when attempting to import/create objects with the same name.
Export at Frame 0 ¶
Sets the current frame to 0 before exporting.
Batch Mode ¶
When batch mode is enabled multiple MDLs can be exported at once. The names for the files will be generated from the name of the Aurora Base. Following options are available:
- Off: Default. NeverBlender will only export the currently active model (or a random one should none be active). It is sufficient to select ANY part of the model, it is not necessary to select the Aurora Base.
- Scene: All models in the currently active scene will be exported.
- Selected: All selected models will be exported. It is sufficient to select ANY part of the model, it's not necessary to select the Aurora Base.