This 2da is essentially unused by the engine, but is here for reference purposes. It is used in the toolset but you cannot define new creature sizes (they all default back to Medium). See also Creature Size.
It is set only in the appearance.2da - the SIZECATEGORY column is an integer which does reference this 2da, but only in so far as the engine also uses the same but hardcoded values. Altering the order of this 2da won't do anything.
There is also in the same thing different "sizes" for their actual footprint on the world, such as PERSPACE. For more information see Creature Size.
You can get a creatures size in nwscript with GetCreatureSize.
The games sizes are all hardcoded - this 2da seems to not be really used by the game. It might be used by the toolset for the creature information panel but this is not used in game.
Some other hardcoded aspects:
- The size of weapons that can be equipped up to 2 sizes larger or smaller, and weapons can change their "type" (eg; a Small creature with a Longsword uses it as a two handed weapon) and it makes it available to dual wield or not
- Tower Shields cannot be used by those under Medium creature size
- Huge creatures apparently don't explode excitingly, while there are Hardcoded VFX References for chunking (Gibbing) large, medium and smaller than medium creatures.
- The bonuses to hide are not available to be edited (except perhaps by NWNX) and are hardcoded;
- Tiny +8 to stealth, small +4, large -4 and huge -8
- These are probably not reported by the skill checks (but are they on the character sheet?) needs some testing
ruleset.2da references these lines that set the values, for Knockdown (size differences), AC, to hit and the monk class "Unarmed dice" also are varied on creature size.
|ID||Label||Default Value||Value Type||Known Valid Limitations||Description|
|19||KNOCKDOWN_CREATURE_SIZE_MODIFIER||4||FEAT_KNOCKDOWN - The multiplier of size differences, eg: if set to 2, a Large creature will get a +2 modifier to hit against a Medium creature.|
|91||CREATURE_SIZE_TINY_AC_BONUS||2||Modifier to AC of creatures with the size CREATURE_SIZE_TINY.|
|92||CREATURE_SIZE_SMALL_AC_BONUS||1||Modifier to AC of creatures with the size CREATURE_SIZE_SMALL.|
|93||CREATURE_SIZE_LARGE_AC_PENALTY||-1||Modifier to AC of creatures with the size CREATURE_SIZE_LARGE.|
|94||CREATURE_SIZE_HUGE_AC_PENALTY||-2||Modifier to AC of creatures with the size CREATURE_SIZE_HUGE.|
|95||CREATURE_SIZE_TINY_ATTACK_BONUS||2||Modifier to attack bonus of creatures with the size CREATURE_SIZE_TINY.|
|96||CREATURE_SIZE_SMALL_ATTACK_BONUS||1||Modifier to attack bonus of creatures with the size CREATURE_SIZE_SMALL.|
|97||CREATURE_SIZE_LARGE_ATTACK_PENALTY||-1||Modifier to attack bonus of creatures with the size CREATURE_SIZE_LARGE.|
|98||CREATURE_SIZE_HUGE_ATTACK_PENALTY||-2||Modifier to attack bonus of creatures with the size CREATURE_SIZE_HUGE.|
|387||UNARMED_SDAMAGE_DIE||2||Default unarmed damage die if smaller than Medium size.|
|388||UNARMED_DAMAGE_DIE||3||Default unarmed damage die if Medium or larger.|