Small project by Jasperre.
Upscale as many textures in the game from the best sources possible by x4 using basic tools I can cope with. Why? both to improve the look of NWN to a degree and to test the limitations of NWN's engine with higher quality DDS files.
NWN Crunch EE for DDS → TGA and TGA → DDS conversions.
Test Phase 1
Aims: Simple batch massive boatload of textures, see what breaks!
Test Phase 2
- Fixing issues in previous test (crashes, buggy textures)
- Work out why nwn crunch doesn't convert everything anyway
- Categorise files and remove some from the process that don't need it / bug out
- Get tiled textures separated so the option in Cupscale can be used
- Desharpen filter from loinne
- PLT testing
- Need to write some python to have GIMP convert PLT's to PNG's with transparency then back from upscaled PNG files to a single PLT