|Patch release date (PC)||na|
|Patch release date (Others)|
|Patch release notes|
Bugfixes for the last stable patch, changes for NWSync plus a new script function for setting current HP.
- Config: “Hide secondary story tiles” is now disabled by default.
- Dynamic contrast shader now has config options for intensity and midpoint.
- Depth of Field shader should now behave better; added configuration option for used focusing type.
- Armour/metals are now rendered with more detail and less blotches.
- Shadows now fade out more smoothly in relation to distance and height/angle.
- Fixed the localisations not loading some keytable content (like voiceovers).
- Lighting: Fixed an issue in the light range calculation that resulted in lights occasionally flicking off/on rather than fading out smoothly.
- Renderer: Optimised renderer GL buffer handling.
- Fix texture animations sometimes not animating. #68
- Renderer: Fixed clear colour erroneously reverting to black when loading into an area if a game object was received at exactly the wrong time.
- Fixed the water shader showing seams.
- Water now always uses the env map.
- Danglymesh is now properly frozen when the game is paused.
- Grass: Fixed fade-in Z fighting/shimmering when viewing from above, fixed grass appearing abruptly instead of fading in smoothly.
- Skyfade fog coloured model below the horizon now covers below area, so missing meshes and keyholing show a black backdrop.
- Fixed minimap data being assigned incorrectly when deleting an area via VM::DestroyArea.
- Fixed cloaks and robes not inheriting visual transform animation speed. #159
- Fixed items losing the possessor reference when failing to merge a stack out of a container, resulting in dead/unusable items and eventually a crash.
- Model loader: Set mesh ambient and diffuse to vec3(1.0) by default.
- NWSync command line args now verify the URL and Hash formats.
- Debug UI: Fixed a client crash in the NWScript Widget when inputting a invalid object ID. #141
- Fixed an issue where the first texture in a material was replaced with the NULL texture after an area change.
- Fixed classstat abilities modifiers not being considered for feat requirements on levelup, when the abilities are gained on the very same level. #45
- Fixed classstat ability modifiers sometimes not updating after a levelup (for example, for STR damage bonus).
- Renderer: Fixed some erratic keyholing behaviour in certain situations.
- Renderer: Reduced the number of shader reloads.
- Toolset: Fixed shadow rendering with fog disabled.
- Toolset: Fixed VFX emitters not rendering properly. #162
- Toolset: Fixed some shadows not rendering properly.
- Fixed a crash in TNO01 Ship1 and Market Stall, Long: caused by too many mesh parts
- TTF02 and TTS02 Doors: Fixed DWK naming and settings
- TTF02 Water: Fixed bad transparency settings in stream tiles (as seen through tree branches)
- TSS13 (Seaships): Added edge tiles TSS13_edge.2DA
- TNO01: Fixed chimney & window animations in Inn, Coach 2x2
- Shields/Cloaks/Robes (all): Turned Ambient and Diffuse values to 1.0 1.0 1.0, so area lighting and tinting can have fullest effect as well as clothing matched-up from race-to-race. Compiled shield models
- Skybox, Black: Added missing model
- Restored the "Lightning Tiles" in TDE01, TNI02, and TSW01, added animloops for shutdown where needed
- XP3 placeables: Many fixes for useability, shadows, z-fighting, walkmesh, and appearance
- XP3 Gem Golems: Adjusted appearance for proper translucency & shine (creatures/weapons/shields)
- Daggerford & Tyrants of the Moonsea Placeables:
- Reworked placeable Use nodes to strict 13-character length requirement, cleaned up PWK walkmesh settings
- Shadow, Mesh and Bounding Box fixes
- Rebuilt placeable walkmeshes on several larger models to be 3D instead of a flat plane
- Low Ambient Values raised to 1 1 1 (to allow other forms of tinting)
- Added in several missing art models and portraits, along with toolset blueprints (DoD Flags, Signs, & Duke Painting; Tyrants Flowering Plants & Wavy Water 1x1, Invisible Ground 4x4, Worldmaps - Floor and Wall-Mounted)
- Added half-dragon tail to Half-Dragon blueprint
- Added missing texture for worldmap placeables
- Glass and Metal textures: Fixed TXI settings, added an alpha channel to maps for specularity and custom environment mapping (new textures)
- Candles (Non-Ambient): Added a dynamic light with shadowing (Disclaimer: nearby props must not be set to Static in order to cast shadows, but work much better than Ambient lights)
- Elven Lanterns, Fixed candle flame not showing through panes, added ambient/dynamic versions as with candles
- Fixed a SQRT Domain error in TNO01 Boat (at last!)
- Kochrachon: Fixed deformed arms & a floating "thumb"
- Curst Swordsman: Removed undesired environmental mapping
- Kobolds/Goblins/Orcs/Golems/Giants/a few others: Added default environmental mapping
- Added proper blueprint ref's for the two new elven doors (TTF02)
- Added default tileset entries for DoD and Tyrants loadscreens
- Fixed various settings on placeable entries
- Added new entries for missing blueprints, removed a couple bogus entries
- Added missing entries, for missing blueprints
- Changed entry 5000 from "karandas" to "Half-Dragon"
- DoD: Fixed use node on the Daggerford Wagon in the dev hak
Using NWSync Serverside
The linux/macos nwserver binaries can now bootstrap from NWSync instead of having to have a copy of all hak data.
- New argument -moduleurl, from which the module data will be sourced.
- New optional argument -modulehash; which is considered to be `latest` if omitted.
- You need to generate the server/module repository with --with-module.
- You can reuse the public repository to save on duplication/disk space; or use a separate/private one. If you reuse the same repository and do not want to leak the module data, turn off http content listing and write the data with --no-latest.
- Data is stored in SERVERHOME/nwsync, same as on the client. It will auto-prune old data if the group_id matches, also same as the client. The rest is left up to you.
New Scripting Functionality